Tuesday, September 15, 2009

School...

Okay, so I sat idly by and watched my wife go through five years plus of school, and supported her at every turn, even if it meant being a little groggy at some points. I helped with the baby at the drop of a hat, did dishes, cleaned house, did laundry when I absolutely had to (I hate laundry!), and everything else that comes with being a househusband. I even continued this trend, even though at a slightly diminished capacity, when I went back to work finally. She graduated with great scores, and great grades, despite not getting honors like she tried so desperately hard for.

So now, I'm going back to school for a two-year trades degree. While I understand she's working 40 hrs a week, and taking care of both girls when she gets home, I don't expect a lot out of her. But I'm going to school, working up to 10 hrs a week, studying and trying to run for city council, all at the same time, in addition to doing the majority of the housework at home. I'm up at 5:30 most days, drop the kid at the house of the mom who takes her kids to the same bus stop by 6:40, and in Ankeny at school between 7:30 and 7:50 depending on traffic and when I get the kid dropped off by. Monday wednesday and friday I'm home between 1-2pm. Tuesday Thursday I'm home by 3 at the latest. I have to go pick up the oldest, come home, drop her off, go to work for a couple hours or so, with drive time I'm home not usually sooner than 7pm. Then I spend an hour or so on homework and such, and then the wife wants to spend time with me, and I still have to figure out how to get dishes and other housework done. I'm usually in bed by 11pm, exhausted.

Can a brotha get a hand with some shit?! Good lord. No wonder the house is such a mess...well, unless people come over, that reminds me! You want to come over this weekend?

No comments: