Sunday, May 11, 2008

#11: Telling the other side of the family

So today, we got the iron-on transfer shirt on Justeen, and took her with us to the family get together for Mother's Day. On the front it said "I've got a secret!" and on the back it had a pretty decal that said "I'm going to be a big sister"

Mixed reactions were had. But most of it was positive. My mom was happy this time! She was just wondering how I felt about it, and if I was excited, considering the cost of almost every freakin thing has gone up since Justeen was born.

To which I said, I'm glad for this child.

But, the cost of everything and the added cost of raising a child five years after the fact is going to be stressful, hard, and trying. But I'm not that worried about it. All I'm worried about is having the job to pay all the bills. And that the bills get paid off.

Maybe it is time to look into that second job...and figuring out the new family dynamic.

No comments: