Tuesday, April 29, 2008

#3: Who to tell?

Well, first thought when we found out. Who do we tell about the new addition to the family?

A small aside, however: I know I'm putting out a lot of blogs in the first day, when I could just compile them together. But I'm getting you up to speed by topic, and it makes it quicker to read.

Ok, the first time around, the first words out of my mom's mouth were, and I quote: "Oh shit, Jason!"

So obviously, she's not the first.

Who was first, my wife's best friend. Bad fucking idea. (More info on that in another post...or later, who knows)

Then we told all of our friends. My brother and his wife. Her parents, her brother, and everyone she goes to class with, and everyone I work with.

And this coming Saturday, May 3rd. I'm telling my dad.

All this before telling my mom.

She has to wait a couple weeks. Although we think she already has an idea.

Ok, so why was it such a bad idea to tell my wife's best friend? Well, not to rehash too many details, but here's why she is such a shadow on the parade.

She'd been pregnant since October. And found out in like late January-early February. And at that point we'd had two unsuccessful months of trying. Fast forward about four more weeks. She lost her kid. No one but her knows all the events that transpired that night. We've been accused of everything sinister and evil about this whole situation. Things have gone as far as wishing that my wife would experience the same thing she did. So that she could have hers. But that bridge has been crossed, and working on getting back on the path. At least as far as I know.

So yeah, not even two weeks after that happened to her. We tell her the most Earth-shattering news anyone could drop on someone in that situation. And its hard, because of the fallout from that incident, to even tell her. But wifey decided to. Because its better than hiding it or lying about it.

So yeah, keep tuned in here for what happens when I tell my dad and mom. I'm sure it will be interesting.

So much interesting things and scenery...

No comments: